Repair Cafe Wales processes personal data on a regular basis. If you have been involved with us, we might hold certain information about you: this is known as personal data.
Any information we hold will be processed in line with the principles set out by ICO Regulations, which we must comply with.
Only hold the minimum personal information needed to allow us to perform our role as a Community Interest Company;
- Delete personal information once the need to hold it has passed;
- Access and process all personal information in line with fair processing set out upon collecting information from Individuals;
- Design our systems and processes to comply with data protection principles;
- Ensure all our volunteers agree to and comply with our Data Protection Code of Practice;
- Take immediate action if we discover that our policies are not being complied with.
What Personal Data we hold and how we obtain it:
When you visit a Repair Café, volunteer with us, or contact us via our website, we will ask for some personal information from you.
The types of personal data we hold and process about you can include:
- Contact details, including name, address, telephone numbers and email address.
The types of anonymised data we collect can include:
- Age group; gender; ethnic group.
We ask volunteers to complete an Equal Opportunity form for monitoring purposes – this form is not a precondition of service and any data you provide us with is completely anonymous.
The anonymous data we collect can contain special category data: this is data that is extra sensitive, and Repair Cafe Wales ensures all data is held secure
Where you have provided us with personal data about other individuals, such as emergency contacts, please ensure that those individuals are aware of the information contained within this notice.
How long we keep your personal data:
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected and for so long afterwards as we consider may be required to deal with any questions or complaints that we may receive, unless we elect to retain your data for a longer period to comply with any legal obligations.
How we will use your personal data:
We may process your personal data to fulfil our obligations and this can include the processing of your personal data for all or any of the following purposes:
- to contact you;
- to fulfil our health and safety obligations;
- to administer any volunteering you do with us;
- to address and respond to any queries from you;
- for statistical and reference purposes.
Organisations that we may share your personal data with:
Repair Cafe Wales is the trading name of Repair & Share Cafés C.I.C.
From time to time we might need to share your personal data with partner organisations and service providers so that they can help us carry out our duties, rights and discretions in relation to the services we provide. Some of those organisations will simply process your personal data on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions. In each case we will only share data to the extent that we consider the information is reasonably required for these purposes.
Any Personal Data we hold will be disclosed, with reasonable purpose to:
- Our volunteers – where the information is vital and required for their work.
- Our partners – strictly in line with agreed procedures.
- Others – as required by law, e.g. the Police or Courts in line with applicable legislation
The legal basis for our use of your personal data:
Repair Cafe Wales holds personal data about you in its capacity as data controller. This includes the need to process your data to contact you, to administer any volunteering you do with us; to address and respond to any queries from you; and for statistical and reference purposes. Further information about how we use your personal data is provided below. The legal basis for our use of your personal data will generally be one or more of the following:
· we need to process your personal data to meet our contractual obligations to you;
· we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data;
· you have provided us with your consent to process your personal data.
Your basic information is required to fulfil our health and safety obligations:
If you are a volunteer, your basic information is also used to fulfil our contractual relationship to you as a volunteer.
You can control whether or not we can use your contact information to send you direct marketing.
You have a right to access and obtain a copy of the personal data that we hold about you and to ask us to correct your personal data if there are any errors or it is out of date. In some circumstances you may also have a right to ask Repair Cafe Wales to restrict the processing of your personal data until any errors are corrected, to object to processing or to transfer or (in very limited circumstances) erase your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have any queries or concerns regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us as indicated below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to this privacy notice or Repair Cafe Wales’ processing activities with the Information Commissioner’s Office which you can do through the website below or their telephone helpline. You can obtain further information about these rights from the Information Commissioner’s Office Website https://ico.org.uk/ or via their telephone helpline 0303 123 1113.
You can control whether we can contact you for direct marketing purposes – if you wish to unsubscribe from receiving any marketing from us, please let us know. Please contact us for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org