- The work carried out in the Repair Cafe is performed free of charge on a voluntary basis by the repair experts at hand. Visitors carry out the repairs themselves whenever possible with the help (or in a lot of cases the full repair) of a repair expert.
- The fact that the repairs are being performed by unpaid volunteers reflects the allocation of risks and limitation of liability: neither the organisers of the Repair Cafe nor the repair experts are liable for any loss that may result from advice or instructions concerning repairs, for the loss of items handed over for repair, for indirect or consequential loss or for any other kind of loss resulting from work performed in the Repair Café. The limitations set forth in these houses rules shall not apply to claims declared justified on the basis of liability arising by virtue of applicable customer protection legislation which can not be lawfully superseded.
- A voluntary donation is greatly appreciated!
- Any use of new materials such leads, plugs, fuses etc. or applications should be paid for separately.
- Visitors offering broken items for repair do so at their own risk.
- Experts making repairs offer no guarantee for the repairs carried out with their help and are not liable of objects that are repaired in the Repair Cafe turn out not to work properly at home.
- Repair experts are entitled to refuse to repair certain objects and are not obliged to reassemble disassembled appliances that can not be repaired.
- Visitors to Repair Cafe are solely responsible for the tidy removal of broken objects that could not be repaired.
- Repair Cafes are a public event and filming/photographs may be taken for use by Repair Cafe Wales for marketing and publicity uses and on our website and in social media or in any third party publication. Please contact a Repair Cafe Wales host if you wish to be exempted from this activity.
- When we’re busy, a maximum of ONE broken item per person will be examined. The visitor will join the back of the queue if there is a second item for repair.
What we do and don’t do
We are a group of enthusiastic amateurs who want to reduce landfill and share our fixing skills. We are not a repair shop, so we appreciate it if we can show you how to fix your item or even get you to do it while we advise! We…..
- need to have time to repair your device. If you arrive within an hour of us closing we may have to decline the repair.
- need to keep our volunteers safe. So if something is dangerous or dirty, we may decline to repair it.
For safety and to avoid competing with local business, we don’t repair:
- Clothes alterations
- Adult bike repairs (though we will do a safety check)
- Mobile phones