Repair Cafe Wales is growing! We’re seeking an experienced Bookkeeper/Administrator to join our team. The role is home working, 2.5 days per week.
To apply, please send your CV and a supporting statement to Phoebe Brown email@example.com by 5pm Friday 21st April
Read more about the role below:
|Contract||2.5 days per week fixed term contract until 31st March 2024|
|Salary||£23,925 pro rata|
|Reporting to||Director/ Operations Manager|
ABOUT REPAIR CAFE WALES
‘A society empowered to work together to reduce waste, share skills, and strengthen our communities’
Repair Cafe Wales is a not-for-profit Community Interest Company that opens and supports repair cafes across Wales. In their simplest form, repair cafés are pop up events where the local community can get their broken household items repaired for free by volunteers. Repair cafés are started by residents, with our support, and run by the local community.
We currently support a network of over 100 repair cafes but we are not stopping there! Our mission is to facilitate the opening of repair cafés in every town, village, city and suburb in Wales. We are focusing our energies on nurturing a cleaner, more sustainable world whilst our communities are inclusive and safe environments for people of all ages and backgrounds to share knowledge, skills, and to generally connect.
We work for our communities to influence standards for goods and government policy, collect data from our community hubs, and help to inform policy decisions that promote a greener, more sustainable world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
It is an exciting time to be joining Repair Cafe Wales as we continue to grow. We are seeking an experienced Bookkeeper/Administrator, ideally with experience of working in the third sector, to help support this growth.
You will work from home during flexible hours that suit you and our business, supporting the Repair Cafe Wales team to ensure that we can work as effectively as possible. Areas of responsibility will include the maintenance of accounting systems, financial administration, supporting on some light communication and human resource functions, and data entry and record management.
We are currently a small team that is very supportive of flexible working, with a focus on delivering outcomes. This is a fixed-term contract, with the potential to extend if we are successful in obtaining further funding.
- Completing administrative and finance routines relating to orders, sales invoices, receipts and payments
- Maintenance and reconciling of the accounts system
- Helping to prepare the annual accounts
- Employee and volunteer expenses
- Arrange meetings, take minutes, ensure reports and documentation are sent on time
- Data entry and record management
- Website and social media administration
- Liaise with local customers, partners and suppliers as appropriate
- Enrol staff onto pension scheme and liaise with accountant to coordinate payroll
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the post, as agreed by line manager, and willing to take on responsibility where necessary
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience working as a bookkeeper
- Proven ability to structure, plan and prioritise workload to be able to deliver against targets and deadlines.
- Ability to take the lead and work on your own initiative
- Experience using accounting software is essential- we currently use Quickfile but can be flexible on this
- Competent in MS Office – particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- A genuine commitment to the values and ethos of Repair Cafe Wales
- Excellent attention to detail to enter correct data into financial records and recognise errors
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Confident in use of social media and adding content to a website, or a willingness to learn
- Welsh language skills are desirable
Repair cafés are a fun, social way to combat the general frustration with wasted materials, resources and a loss of skills. It’s a community, a space for empowerment and the site of transformation where people’s relationships with their household items shift from consumer to owner.
All employees, contractors and volunteers are required to operate in line with RCW’s core values:
- Waste Reduction – Repair cafés help household items be used for longer rather than throwing them away. This reduces the volume of raw materials and energy needed to make new products. It cuts CO2 emissions by reusing instead of manufacturing new products.
- Sharing Skills – By promoting a repairing culture and inviting each one of our visitors to sit with a volunteer repairer, repair cafés show appreciation for the people who have practical knowledge and ensure these valuable skills are getting passed on.
- Community Cohesion – Repair cafés promote social cohesion in the community by connecting local residents from very different backgrounds and with different motives with each other through an inspiring and low-key event.
To apply, please submit your CV, and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 21st April 5pm
Interviews: provisionally w/c 24th April
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Repair Cafe Wales recognise the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as BAME and disabled people are currently under-represented throughout Repair Cafe Wales. We have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in role profiles.